Sunday, May 5, 2024

Some Final Thoughts on Fantasy Faire 2024

  • Fantasy Faire 2024 was scheduled to end today, but through the generosity of Linden Labs, it will remain open until the 7th, when all the beauty, magic and wonder will once again disappear into the mists.
  • Fantasy Faire has been a very important part of my Second Life. I hadn't yet joined SL when the first Faire took place, but I have attended all the Faires since then.
  • Like so many others, I have gone from being an attendee to being one of the hundreds of support people who create the Faire's magic each year. Fighting cancer became my cause.
  • I do what I can. I don't plan the events, but I host for them. I don't create the merchandise, but I help to advertise it though my blogs. 
  • Since 2018 when someone had the brilliant idea of putting together Shoppers' Guides to make it easier to find the thousands of items available, and to showcase the gifts donated for the Quest, I've helped compile that information and post it online.
  • Along the way, I've had some of the best (and most frustrating "thank you, SL!") experiences of my life. I've met dedicated people who work on Fantasy Faire all year long. I've made good friends and I've had a heck of a good time!
  • Fantasy Faire brings out the best in people. Strangers help each other. We all work together for a common cause. We talk about feelings and loss and love. We share small victories and dream of defeating cancer.  
  • We learn, we laugh, and we cry. If you ask me why I Relay, it's because it touches my soul and reminds me that burdens are easier when shared and that Love is shown in many ways.
  • I hope you had a wonderful Fantasy Faire 2024 and that I'll see you in the Fairelands the next time we come HOME again.

Photo Information:
1. Outfits from Arkona*/ Halo & Circlet from Flamingli* / Tattoos from Endless Pain*
2. Gown, Wings, Crown from AZUL*Bracers from Drunken Brokkr * / Picture - Duskfall Court
3. Picture - Golden Hour view from the Hedge Maze
4. Picture - Samsara
5. Dress from Poet's Heart* / Wings by Aii & Ego / Owl Necklace from Hopscotch* / Picture - Ogham Grove
6. Outfit from Petrichor* / Jewelry from Drunken Brokkr */ Picture - Silevea
7. Picture - Hope's Wish
8. Picture - Growanda stage show Lamplighter Firedancers 

Hair ~ Doux / Truth / Exile / Monso / William's hair from No.Match
Heads ~ LeLutka EvoX Avalon 3.1 / William's head is EvoX Kris 3.1
Body ~ Maitreya Lara 5.3 / William's body Belleza Jake
Skin ~ Seven Deadly S{k}ins

* Featured items are linked to Fantasy Faire Shops. Other links go to regular inworld stores or MP.


Join us April 18 to May 7 for 20 days of celebrations, shopping and shared purpose. Fantasy Faire is open for two extra days, through May 7th, thanks to the Linden Jail & Bail generosity. 

Fantasy Faire 2024 is the largest gathering of fantasy designers, enthusiasts, roleplayers and performers in the virtual world. 

Treat yourself to shopping, dance and theater performances, DJ parties, auctions, questing, our Literary Festival, fantasy art, events and roleplaying as thousands of Second Life residents and creators bring their visions together to support the American Cancer Society’s vision of a world without cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment